Would you honor us with a visit? (可否赏光来我们这儿?) Welcome to Canada!
Are you free this weekend? I would like to pay you a visit.
对于邀请,客气的回答往往有:
It is my great pleasure to … I really can’t thank you enough for the invitation.
It’s my great honor to attend this grand graduation ceremony.
Thank you for inviting me to … You are so considerate to provide this chance to …
6. 道歉 (Apologies & Apologize)
在生活中我们免不了道歉,如果道歉的及时和得体,往往会得到人们的谅解。道歉也往往视具体情况而定。下面列举的只是一些常用的道歉语。
I’m awfully sorry for / about … It was my fault to …
It was me to blame. (是我应该受到谴责) I do beg your pardon. (求你原谅我。)
I’m afraid I’ve taken you up too much for your time. (花您那么多时间,实在对不起。)
I / We didn't mean that at all. (我们真没有那样的意思 / 那不是我的本意。)
Please forgive me for... (请原谅…)
I do apologize for the inconvenience I brought to you. (给您带来不便,我感到非常抱歉。)
It is stupid of me to … (我太蠢…)
对于道歉,下面往往是一些礼貌的应答
That’s all right. (没关系。)
It’s nothing. You don’t have to upset yourself. (没有那么严重, 不必太自责。)
It’s not that bad. There is no point to getting upset. (没那么糟,不要为此而不安。)
That’s okay. Don’t let it bother you any more. (没事,别想太多了。)
That’s OK. It is not the end of the world. Let’s cheer up. (没关系。不是末日。开心!)
7. 提出请求 (Asking for permission)
生活中有很多请求,具体情况具体对待。常用的句式有以下几种:
Do you mind if I … Could it be possible for me to …
I wonder if I could … Would you mind not spitting everywhere? 不要随地吐痰行吗?
Do you mind changing our seats? 你介意换个座位吗?
对这样的请求,如果允许,下列句型往往会用到:
Go ahead, please. You are welcome.
Of course I don’t mind.
如果不允许,你最好是说
I am afraid … I am sorry …
I would love to help but …
8. 提供帮助 (Offering help)
当人们购物或就餐时,往往会听到一些提供帮助的惯用语,如:
Can I help you? What can I do for you?
Please let me know if you need any help. I will be with you right away. (我马上就来)
Are you looking for something special (particular)? 您在特意找什么吗?
Are you ready to order? 您准备好点菜了吗?
How are you going to pay? Cash or check? 您打算怎样付款?现金还是信用卡?
对于这样的友好提示,只要礼貌回答就行了。具体情况具体对待。别忘了说 “Thanks.”
9. 打电话 (Making Telephone Calls)
打电话也有惯用语。下面是几种常用的:
Is Linda there? Could I talk to Linda?
回答用语 常常有:
Yes, speaking please. (是我,请讲。) Hold the line, please. (请稍侯 / 别挂线)
She / He is not available now. Can I take a message?
(她现在不便听电话。你要留言吗?)
He is not here / He just left / …. Would you like to leave a message?
(他不在/ 他刚出去 …你要留言吗?)